- What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you visit our site, for the purpose of booking an appointment with a dentist at Portman Healthcare clinics, subscribe to our e-mail notifications and/or newsletter service, search for a Portman Healthcare clinic, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number and personal description.
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the IP address used to connect your computer to the internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full URL clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this site. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
- Using your personal data
Information you give to us. We may use this information to:
- enable your use of the services available on the website;
- send you general (non-marketing) communications;
- send you e-mail notifications;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for your and for your computer;
- provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user; and/or
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and/or
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
In addition, we may disclose information about you:
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; and/or
- if all or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held about customers and website users will be one of the transferred assets.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site; and/or
- credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
- International data transfers
Information which you provide may be transferred to countries which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Areas (EEA).
You expressly agree to such transfers, storing or processing of personal information.
- Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure servers.
Data transmission over the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
If you wish to make a Subject Access Request regarding your personal data, please email email@example.com
- Policy amendments
- Your rights
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing unsubscribing via our e-mail communications or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Access to information
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 for computerised records and up to £50 for any non-digital x-ray copies that are required to provide you with details of the information that you have requested.
- Third party websites
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
- Updating information
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
- Model Publication Scheme
A guide to information provided by NHS dentists under the Model Publication Scheme, can be found http://ico.org.uk.